Race Start Times
The 5K race begins at 8 a.m. The Co-ed Kid's Fun Run begins at 9 a.m.
Walkers in the 5K are welcome! We ask that racers line up at the start line in order of pace; this would put walkers toward the back.
Children who are able to walk/run the 5K may participate—just sign them up accordingly, and a guardian over 18 must sign the waiver. Otherwise, the Co-Ed Kids' Fun Run is available for those 8 and under.
The Baltimore Women's Classic is a women-only race (the country's second oldest!) so men may not participate in the race. But we'd love to have them as volunteers.
We do not send registration confirmations, but if you sign up for our e-newsletter, you will receive up-to-date information, including race details.
BWC is "Chip Timed"
Timing chips will be available at all packet pick-up locations and on race day beginning at 6:30 a.m. Chips are collected at the finish line by a helpful volunteer.
If you are participating in one of our training program sessions, you can pick up your packet on the last night of training (that's our much we LOVE our ladies in the training program :))
This year registration and packet pick-up will be available at the following locations as well as on race day morning:
Thursday, June 20th at Road Runner Sports in Elkridge from noon - 7:00 pm
Friday, June 21st at City Sports, Harbor East from noon - 7:00 pm
Saturday, June 22nd at Brick Bodies Padonia from noon - 6:00 pm
And on race day starting at 6:30 a.m.
You can also register in person at any of these locations, but onlythe first 3,500 are guaranteed a shirt and goody bag!
You may utilize any of the parking garages in the downtown area, but..
BWC participants may park in LOT C at Camden Yards(just a few short blocks from Rash Field) for just $10.00 per car.
Carpool and save even more!!
Lot C will open at 6:00 a.m. on race day and you must vacate the lot by 10:30 a.m.
Any group of 5 or more can be a team! Each person can register themselves and enter the team name and captain's name on their registration form.A prize is given to the largest team and the team raising the highest amount of pledges, awarded at the post-race award ceremony!
Medical Support Staff
There will be police and medical staff. There will also be two waterstops on the course.
YES, the BWC allows women who wish to walk the course with jogging strollers to participate in the Classic. Due to insurance regulations and risk issues, we cannot allow runners with strollers on the course. There will be a special "stroller section" at the line up of the race. Please cooperate with our race day volunteers and line up where requested.
No bikes, skates, pets, skateboards are allowed on the course.
- Our Festival Village will feature sponsors and many other exhibitors that cater to a variety of women's interests. Bring your wallets (use bag check for during the race) and stop by our village on Rash Field before and after the race.
- Awards Ceremony, random prize distribution, sponsor recognition and music will be at the stage
- The Co-Ed Kids' Fun Run will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Beautiful crystal awards, designed and provided by Smyth Jewelers, plus to all overall and top three finishers in age groups.
- Cash prizes for the top three women overall ($300, 200, 100), and to the top master (40+, $100), top grandmaster (50+, $100) and top senior grandmaster (60+, $100)
- Smyth Jewelers recognition awards to top three finishers in age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, and in five-year increments up to 70 & over.
- Prize for the largest team and team raising the most pledges
- Special recognition for all mother/daughter participants
- Fundraisers raising $500 or more for this event will also receive a special BWC item as a special thank you!
Fund Raising for the BWC
You can create your own fund raising page for the Baltimore Women's Classic and collect online donations. You don't have to be a participant in the event to raise funds! Set up
your own page, connect it to Facebook and Twitter, email everyone you know, and watch your dollars grow! You can also print out a PDF pledge form and either mail in your donations or bring the cash and checks to race day registration. Checks should be made payable to Baltimore Women's Classic.
Stay for the Weekend
Check out this local resource for hotels in the area.
Additional questions not answered here? Contact us.