For a paper version, download a pledge sheet and start collecting pledges today!
Tips for Collecting Pledges
- Try to get an initial large donation - people are influenced by what others give!
- If possible, sponsor yourself for an amount. This shows your dedication.
- Use email, clubs, computer networks, office associates and family members to support your cause. Your online fund raising page also connects to Facebook and Twitter!
- Ask at least 2-3 people every day to sponsor you…after all; some will not be able to help this time.
- Call your friends out of town; this may be a good excuse to touch base with an old friend.
- Put a run message on your answering machine at home and on your personal email account.
- Host a party or a brunch and ask people to make pledges while having fun.
- Challenge a friend who is also running and enjoy the friendly competition.
- Check your work and/or school regulations and put up a notice on the bulletin board.
- Ask people who work at for-profit companies to see if their business offers matching gifts (remember to get their forms). This can help you increase your pledges even more quickly.
- Don’t forget to ask for pledges from shops and stores where WOMEN spend money every day. They should be glad to have a satisfied customer remain happy!
- Ask vendors who supply resources to your business. They wish to keep you happy.
- Checks are the preferred form of payment, but make sure you get accurate name info for cash.
- Your pledge form serves as the basis for mailing thank you notes and receipts for all pledge gifts.
- Pledge donors receive no goods or services, so should be able to deduct 100% of their contributions.